help with D TUNA!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with D TUNA!!!!

hello JCFers....i am joining a "modern rock" band, and need to install a D TUNA on my floyd....do these things work???? if you drop to D with a floating floyd, will you still be in tune? what the heck? or should i get a hardtail? :-)

any input is appreciated....

Re: help with D TUNA!!!!

For the D-Tuna to work, you need to block the floyd so you can't pull up on it. That way when you use the D-Tuna and relieve tension, the floyd will still stay in a fixed position, and not wreak havoc on the tuning.

Comment

The best way to drop D with a full floater Floyd is to install a Hipshot Tremsetter. After you tune up, turn the low E fine tuner in almost all the way and tune to pitch and lock the nut. For drop D, just back the low E fine tuner out. There will be enough travel for you to get from E to D. The Hipshot tremetter will keep the remaining 5 strings in key. This is the only way to drop D with a full floater that I know of.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        The best way to drop D with a full floater Floyd is to install a Hipshot Tremsetter. After you tune up, turn the low E fine tuner in almost all the way and tune to pitch and lock the nut. For drop D, just back the low E fine tuner out. There will be enough travel for you to get from E to D. The Hipshot tremetter will keep the remaining 5 strings in key. This is the only way to drop D with a full floater that I know of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats also the acceptable way of using a dtuna I beleive
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Just get a Wolfgang! Or two [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

D-Tuna = Tremsetter or Block the trem. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I just read jackson1's thread about the Tremsetter - very cool item. My only question is, can you still pull the trem up or does it only go down?

Comment

The Tremsetter replaces your center spring, so you can still go up and down. It is a trem "stabalizer" that helps return your trem to zero position every time, and keeps it more stable at zero position in relation to drop-D and string bends.

Comment

Well damn that sounds good. I wonder why it isn't OE on new guitars? Seems like it would be a good selling point to me.

Comment

I have one in my fender strat plus.it came with it and it works.when you break a string the rest do stay in tune.great add-on
                    www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

It's not a standard feature on most guitars because it slightly changes the feel of the trem. Some people just don't like it. It makes it a lot harder to do "chirps".

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yep... the Ghetto D-Tuna, or what I like to call the G-Tuna! works every time... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] hm. anyone else want a colt 45?
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Well damn that sounds good. I wonder why it isn't OE on new guitars? Seems like it would be a good selling point to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was on the Peavey EVH Wolfgangs.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was on the Peavey EVH Wolfgangs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was referring to the tremsetter. AFAIK the Fender Strat Plus line of the early 90's had them stock. Not sure if they still do or not.

Comment

Has anyone here tried Sperzel's D-Thingy? Its a locking low E tuner with a lever on the back of it. Its used with non-locking nuts of course. Once tuned, you just flip the lever one way for E and the other for D. I'm considering this on a future custom shop Rhoads some day. Just wondering if anyone here has tried it?

Rudy
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                              X