Blocking a floyd and the consequences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blocking a floyd and the consequences

Right now my guitar is set up with heavy bottom D'addario XL (low E is a .52) for standard E. The neck has very light relief, the action is low as I love it and I have very little buzz. But sometimes I still wish I could use alt picking more often. If I blocked the Floyd and let the locking nuts unlocked all the time, would it mess up the setup all the time I changed tunings? What would I have to watch out for? Cheers for the help

Re: Blocking a floyd and the consequences

I think you're talking about "alternate tunings" not "alt picking" right? You can block the floyd, leave the nut unlocked and drop the E down to D for a song, then tune back up, no problem. Yes, the setup will be thrown off, but no so dramatically as it would make the guitar unplayable. If you're going to leave it set at a certain tuning, I would set the guitar up to play at that tuning.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Re: Blocking a floyd and the consequences

ARRRGH yes! I was practicing alternative picking when I wrote this, and I can't alt pick for shit so I was writing this and I typed 'alternative' and thought 'GOD DMAN ALT PICKING' and I guess I typed the wrong thing. Me in a nutshell [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
      The guitar is set up for E right now. All I ever do is unlock the A/E lock nut, D tune the E and then tune it up again. Though I haven't done it yet with the new set up.

Comment

Working...
      X