New bridge pickup with USA Fusion H/S/S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New bridge pickup with USA Fusion H/S/S

Hey all, I am kinda wanting to swap out the J50 in my USA fusion, but I want to keep the mid boost and Jackson singles. I would like to keep the stock appearance too.
    What would work in there nicely?

I was thinking something like a '59 (always decent for me), but a Custom or Distortion is not out of the question. I don't want to change everything, or I'd go for EMGs. Invader is too much for me.

I really just want something a little more full sounding than the J50. Higher output is OK too.
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Re: New bridge pickup with USA Fusion H/S/S

I've got the Distortion in my 650xl and it works great with the boost. But, even the 59 or Custom would be fine as well. All three have veramic magnets so they each would have a bit more cut than the stock pickup. The Distortion seems the fullest of the three with a bit more edge. The 59 is a very well balanced pickup that can be a little woofy if not eq'd right. The Custom is somewhere in the middle. But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Sorry to butt in here but how well does the distortion clean up?

Comment

It's actually better than the name suggests. It's not going to imitate a vintage Strat single coil, but it does clean up pretty well. You can always roll the volume back a touch, that helps a lot. Split, it sounds a lot like a hot Strat single coil.

Comment

Working...
        X