EMGs for model 4...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMGs for model 4...

At first I wanted Seymour Duncans for it (Custom/Jb jr or hotrails/vintage staggered) but then I saw the EMG SV and SA single coils and I thought about having a 81/SV/SA set. Would it require any modifications on the guitar other than the obvious soldering?
    Also, how would they sound compared to the Duncans? I haven't heard them a whole lot but they seem very attractive for sure.

Re: EMGs for model 4...

No modifications needed for EMG's to be installed. Make sure though that the single coils have the "quick connect" wires since they will not fit easily in the routes otherwise. Are you leaving the active circuit in? (You can for EMG or Duncans) What was the matter with the original Jacksons?
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I really think they are more than decent stock pickups. But I love gain so I need something to absorb it all and still sound accurate enough. I like the sound but I'm not fully content with it, if you see what I mean. I want a higher ouput too...

Comment

I think the EMG's are a great choice! I like a little more output as well. They will make you happy.

Comment

EMGs are not ultra-high output pickups. Even the Duncan Invader and Duncan LiveWire Series are hotter than any EMG I've tried. EMGs are just very clean and defined sounding.

The majority of gain may be found by turning up the gain control on your amp. Really, modern amps have more than enough gain to satisfy anybody.

Comment

I am... extremely demanding in gain :P
            And yeah, I want a pickup that is accurate. One that doesn't mute the chords into a single blob of sound, if you see what I mean. I hear the Duncan Distorsion will do this as well as the EMG but maybe the EMG could bring me more?

Comment

EMGs are great at retaining clarity in high-gain applications. It's not so much that they are 'hot' in and of themselves, but that they allow use of a lot more amp gain than you could get away with otherwise, while still being a pretty high-output pickup.

Comment

Working...
              X