X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing Inlay question

Site courtesy of NOTP and Newc
    http://www.fretware.com/catalog2/pro...products_id=32

I think if I buy these and cut them, replace the original sharkies with these... my KE3 EDS would look absolutely killer... colors would match the body perfectly.

Is there an easy way to remove the sharkies?
    I'm gonna email those ppl to ask about the dimensions and thickness.

Re: replacing Inlay question

Oh crap nvm... these aren't actual inlays but peel and stick........ sorry

Well then... has anybody tried them?

Comment

If you need actual inlay blanks rather than Fretware sticker blanks, Stewart-Macdonald has inlay blanks of appropriate thickness.

I was actually going to buy some of the Fretware stickers to stick on my KE3 Pro's pearloid inlays in my next NOTP Turd Polishing scheme... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Never got around to it, and ended up selling that guitar to a JCFer who peeled off my fake fretboard/neck pinstripe binding anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

haha I saw that,
        and he took it apart and offered it for sale too.. ouch! heh

I probably will try the fretware things on my EDS KE3, its now looking like this after I replaced the chrome trem:

It occured to me that the EDS looks a lot like paua abalone... she should look killer with the fretware...

Comment

Looks great! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Paua would look fantastic on there. Also, trace the headstock Jackson logo and make a paua logo to stick on the headstock too. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Ebonize the rosewood fretboard and you have a near-USA polished turd. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] (RacerX is going to hate me for saying that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Comment

Working...
          X