replaceing the anchor and stud help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replaceing the anchor and stud help

Hello I have a ke3 need to replace the anchors and studs. I have searched and have found no answers. How do you remove the anchor and put in the new one. Thanks in advance.

Re: replaceing the anchor and stud help

Here is an article from Project Guitar that may help. Not my favorite way to do it, but if you are careful it should work for you.

http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/postab.htm

I'm not a big fan of the clawhammer method & prefer to use steadier, straighter pull to remove bushings. You can do this by making an extractor out of the post (or a bolt), a nut that matches the threads of the post (or bolt), and a stack of washers (one rubber washer, several large washers with center larger than the bushing, and one washer with center smaller than the nut). It may be hard to find a nut to match the fine thread of OFR or Schaller posts, but if you have access to a tap & die set and don't mind damaging the bushing to be removed, you can tap the bushing to receive a slightly larger bolt. It only has to go in a few turns.

First, run the nut all the way up the post or bolt & follow it with your small washer. Stack your large washers over the bushing, with the rubber washer on the bottom to protect the guitar. Lower the post or bolt through the stack & into your bushing a few turns. Now you can remove the bushing by tightening down on the nut with an open end wrench, while keeping the post from turning using its allen wrench (or a regular wrench if you're using a bolt). As the nut forces down against the stack of washers, it pulls the bushing out of the guitar with nice steady pressure & no lateral force. Once it is about half way out, you can usually pull it out easily w/ pliers.

Comment

Re: replaceing the anchor and stud help

Thanks for the link. I used it and now my kelly is awsome.

Comment

Working...
      X