Removing pick-up rings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing pick-up rings?

While browsing on e-Bay, I notice a heck of a lot of guitars that are missing the pick-up rings. This may be a stupid newbie question, but I'm wondering why do people remove them and leave them off?

Re: Removing pick-up rings?

<font color="aqua">I don't know but I don't like it one bit. I believe there should be a chicken in every pot and a ring around every pickup! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Ok, but seriously, you dont mean guitars with body mount pickups? Some guitars dont use pickup rings and just screw the pickup down in the cavity. Certain Jackson Dinkys and others are like this. Maybe thats what you mean? And the ring around every pickup should be a custom metal one from Budman!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

My DX10D and JRR-94 have plastic pickup rings around both pickups. Day in and day out I see Dinky's and Rhoads V's on e-Bay that are missing them. The first thing I think when I see one missing them is "has some idiot been messing with this axe"? In my opinion, if an axe comes with pickup rings then it looks incomplete to me if they have been taken off.

I agree with budman that I don't like it one bit.

Comment

If you mean like this
          http://i5.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/b6/ba/94_1_b.JPG
          Its supposed to be like that. And Budman has a very special reason why he doesnt like it one bit. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I prefer the look of no pickup rings like on my Dinky HX. I no longer have this red one, but I still have my black one.

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              <font color="aqua">I don't know but I don't like it one bit. I believe there should be a chicken in every pot and a ring around every pickup! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats funny-i think you should run for office...somewhere [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                And Budman has a very special reason why he doesnt like it one bit. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">am I THAT transparent? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

More translucent than transparent. We can see through you but everything's a bit blurry on the other side.

Comment

Is there a website where I can see Budman's stuff?

Comment

www.fretsonthenet.com

Comment

Working...
                      X