Kelly Redone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Redone!

My brother bought a Kelly bass a few years ago. Since then it's been through a few changes. The latest change is stripped down, but very cool. He added some Bartolini's, gold hardware, a fretless board with custom inlay done by a friend of ours. Here she is:

I think he said the fretboard was from StewMac and he did the inlay work himself. He's been building guitars, neckthru, bolt ons, basses, etc from scratch and has built some cool ones, but this one turned out pretty cool.

Re: Kelly Redone!

[img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
    That is one of the coolest basses I've ever seen! I need to get one too being a kelly lover.
    well done!

Comment

I am not a bass player, but that has an understated "cool" about it. Nice job on that one. It looks sweet.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
        That is one of the coolest basses I've ever seen! I need to get one too being a kelly lover.
        well done!

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Man, I have to agree! That just looks smooth as silk to play. Enjoy! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

With the fretless board and the flatwound strings he's got on em, ya just slide across that board so nicely.

Comment

The inlay is really nice. Stewmac has some good ebony fretless boards, I had one on a Fender P clone of mine once.

Comment

NICE [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
              "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

Nice job. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Not used to seeing a Kelly bass. Looks cool though.
                www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Comment

wow, wild! That is very cool.
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Awesome, dude!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Personally, I'm such a wuss on fretless that I have to have the 'fret position' markers in order to play one, but I love the look of the plain ebony. And that's a beautiful piece of ebony there. You could do some serious Jaco jammin' on that one.

Comment

Woah... I think I'm in love. My fingers are itchin'!

I have never seen a Kelly bass (fretless basses are my fav too)... this one is BADASS!
                      Irfaan, your bro did an excellent job! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

I'll pass on the kind words to him. He saw a few posts last night and said to pass on his thanks for the kind words. He's got a gig tonight, first time he's gonna play it since he finished it completly. I'll see if I can take some pics. Beer in one hand and the digital camera in the other, can't promise which I'll give priority to though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

- Irf -

Comment

Thats friggin awesome!
                          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

that's pretty sweet.. i like the thicker neck binding.. it's done really well..

Comment

Got some cool shots of the band, not sure bout the Kelly though. I'll try n post em once they're developed. (Forgot the digital camera)

Comment

Working...
                              X