Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• having trouble wiring my EMG 81 into my kelly

followed the diagram on EMG's site, buts its not working for me
    i left out the tone pot, as the kelly does not have one, just going to use the emg supplied volume pot

not sure what i am doing wrong [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Re: having trouble wiring my EMG 81 into my kelly

Probably got the jack wired backwards. That one always gets me.

And you DO have the battery plugged in and wired up, right? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

If all that checks good, then try slamming the cable into the jack - brand new stereo/active circuit jacks like that are usually a little stiff and will not plug in properly until you wear them out a bit.
    As well, the cavity that the jack itself is in may be pushing one of the prongs inward so that you can't plug in properly (had that one myself).
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

battery? what battery? j/k

i figured it out, the white wire inside the braided wire had an open in it

thanx [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

dude I hate putting EMG's in lol. I can wire up passive pickups no problem but as soon as I try to put EMG's in all hell breaks loose.

Comment

i put a set in my buddys les paul studio about 5 years ago and i remember it was no cakewalk

Comment

Poster: Rotting666Cadaver
            [ QUOTE ]
            dude I hate putting EMG's in lol. I can wire up passive pickups no problem but as soon as I try to put EMG's in all hell breaks loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats funny cause i'm the exact opposite. EMG's are simple to wire. and there diagrams are easy to read. i always get confused with other pups cause all the colours are different depending on brand, there is usually more wires, and there are so many different ways to wire up a passive pup and they all sound different.
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

EMG's have always been fairly easy for me to wire up... Especially because there's no string-grounding involved. The only thing that bugs me is how hard it is to strip the single conductor wire, compared to passives with 4 conductor wire.

Comment

I think wiring EMG's are easier too! Quite simple and they have all the diagrams you could need on their website.

Comment

Working...
                X