Repairing Finish Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repairing Finish Check

Yeah, yeah, I know, "Don't fuck with it, it's not that bid a deal." Generally I agree as most of 'em that I've seen are closed fairly tightly. This one's a bit different:

I'm a little worried that due to the size the paint will start chipping along the check. After researching this a bit the preferred method seems to involve the application of a bit of CA glue along the length of the check with a small applicator followed by sanding & buffing. Sound reasonable? Anyone have any other ideas?
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Re: Repairing Finish Check

Some thin CA will do fine just "bleed"it slowly into the crack until it fills up.Then a little finish work.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Whaddya got, lights in your pickup cavities? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Hmmm. Repairing finish checks. Could someome be trying to pass off a heavily checked guitar as mint? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Just kidding [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

LOL! On the Gibson forum, they give advice on how TO check your guitar! Then they try to pass it off as aged!

Comment

Well, what can you expect? Gibson players are used to inferior quality. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Naa Newc I'll probably actually keep this one for the collection. Nice low number, original electronics, cool graphic, it's just that it'd be a shame to lose a chunk of paint from the face as it's actually in great shape.
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Working...
          X