Floyd rose post spacing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd rose post spacing.

Ok, I just got one of my projects in the mail. Its a made in the USA BC Rich stIII. Its neon orange with a matching headstock. Its mostly complete except for the trem and the strap pins. Ive been collecting various floyd rose trems to use with a couple of projects. So, it turns out that none of the floyds I have will fit on this guitar. The post spacing is about 1/16 or 1/8 too narrow. Is this common? Also the posts are huge. I have a set from an old charvel that seem really fat with very fine threads but they just slide right in with room to spare. I will have to see if the seller realized that about the trem when he took it for himself. Maybe he'll be up for a trade. So, is the narrower spacing very uncommon?

Re: Floyd rose post spacing.

I don't know what came on the older BC Rich guitars, but I know that some of the older Floyd knockoffs used slightly smaller post spacing. Also, my 86 Charvel M2 with the Kahler fulcrum used posts about 1/8" narrower than a Floyd.

Comment

Kahler Steeler? I have a vauge memory of reading that BC Riches used those. You could google for the kahler site and investigate [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Comment

Thanks for the help. I found an ebay auction for the exact same guitar and it has a gotoh floyd knock off. I contacted the original owner and he said it had an ibanez edge trem on it that he took off to use on another project. Ill have to measure the spacing on my kahler spyder trem on my HM strat. Thanks for the leads. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
        X