Ebony Fretboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebony Fretboards

Did jackson ever make any bolt-on guitars with ebony fretboards? or does ebony only come on neck-thru?

Re: Ebony Fretboards

off the top of my head:

the DK1, the US Fusion. Japanese Fusion Pro.

DR2, SL2, RR2 (all with no inlays)

I'm sure there are more....
    Hail yesterday

Comment

sl2 is neck-thru dude......
      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

I think the only bolt-on model currently in production with ebony fretboard is the DK1.

Comment

here's a flat top bound neck and body strat that is a bolt on Jackson, has become one of my favorite players of late

shawnlutz.com

Comment

The AT-1/T has a bolt on ebony neck, no binding.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              sl2 is neck-thru dude......

[/ QUOTE ]
              No, the SL2H is neck-thru. The regular USA SL2 that was made in the mid- late '90s (with Armstrong pickups and import JT580LP trem) has no inlays on an ebony board. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Japan Stealth Pro

There are lots of '80s ones (before they called them DK-1) with ebony (some w/dots, some w/sharks). Here's one on ebay:
                Jackson w/ebony

Comment

Toejam, Delt was talking about Cobhc's request for both ebony AND bolt-on, and clearly the SL2 Soloist is a neckthru. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

D'OH! Brain fart! My bad. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] For some reason I was thinking it was a bolt-on, but I know it's not. I was guess I was sort of thinking of the DR2. The specs on the DR2, RR2 and SL2 are basically the same, except the SL2 does have neck-thru construction. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yea, brain fart on my part too. Excuse me! Phew, someone light a match. I think I got on a roll with that series, and (stupidly) included the SL2. Doh!
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

I think almost all of the USA bolt ons that came during or after the "Professional Era" have ebony fretboards [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X