Painting Taboo???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting Taboo???

I have a Model 1 that I want to refinish. Let's say that I want to finish it with flames. Is that wrong to paint it in a finish that was not offered in a production model, or, can I use any paint scheme and call it my "custom model"?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...9/P2100005.jpg
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Re: Painting Taboo???

Go for it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

A Model 1 only has one pickup, so your's is already a custom model as I see two pickups!

People repaint guitars all the time (see ebay for tons of evidence) in order to 'personalize' them. As long as you are happy with it, do what you want. If you are worrying about future selling value, usually repainted guitars go for less money (unless its a super awesome paintjob with awesomely done graphics).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        A Model 1 only has one pickup, so your's is already a custom model as I see two pickups!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, two pick ups. I traded for her after she was modded. I'm going to remove the neck pup as well.
        MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

It's only a $150 guitar to begin with, I hardly think you're gonna depreciate it too much with a refin.
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Definately refinish that shite in a cool graphic and not flames [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] IMHO

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              It's only a $150 guitar to begin with, I hardly think you're gonna depreciate it too much with a refin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not worried about the value, I just want something that looks good.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Definately refinish that shite in a cool graphic and not flames [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] IMHO

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have any graphic suggestions?

Comment

paint some boobs on it!!!!!!
                  "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                  The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    paint some boobs on it!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be great, but I don't think that would go over well with my wife or two daughters.

Comment

Paint your wife's boobs on it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Noodles, my wife's boobs are so small, her nipples are on her back. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Noodles, my wife's boobs are so small, her nipples are on her back. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

So look on the bright side, you'll save some bucks on paint!!!
                          [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Doh! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

I'm glad I didn't take a drink before reading this! I can always count on you for a good laugh. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Chris
                            Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Working...
                            X