Pots hole cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pots hole cover?

I dont know if this has already been talked over in this section (yep, I used the search function!).

I am planning to get ride of the tone pot on my guitar, move the toggle switch where the tone was, and eventually move the volume pot where the toggle was.

Now, an ugly hole will remain where the volume pot was previously.

I have seen a couple of pics of Jacksons that had this light mod, and the owners managed to cover this pot hole with a black plastic lid/cap.

Do you know where I can find these caps, or how to make them? (nope, I dont want to use tape instead!)

Re: Pots hole cover?

Errr, "Do you know where I can find these caps, or how to make them?" Or how to hide these holes in a very discrete way? (was too slow to editr the previous post [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] )

Comment

There was a thread that talked about plugs for the holes, but it was an extention of someone showing guitar pics. I tried search and couldn't find it.

Anyway, I've done something similar...I searched my local hardware stores for plastic or metal plugs and found something that fit the hole.

What you'd be looking for is a plug that looks similar to this one:
      Hole Plug Website

Comment

Cool! Thanks MountainDog!!!
        So this little thingy is called a plug?
        Thanks JCf for helping me improve my english!!!

Comment

Is the guitar a solid color?
          You could use a piece of dowel (wooden rod) the same size as the gaping hole, and create a plug you could paint to match the finish. It might not be pretty close up, but would look slick from farther away.

Comment

When I did an internet search to find the plug, there are lots of "plugs" and lots of "caps". Plugs are something that fills a hole, Caps are something that goes over top something, like a bottlecap or a cap to cover the end of a pipe.

By the way, your English is very good!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              When I did an internet search to find the plug, there are lots of "plugs" and lots of "caps". Plugs are something that fills a hole, Caps are something that goes over top something, like a bottlecap or a cap to cover the end of a pipe.

By the way, your English is very good!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a lot for both the lesson and my written english (I havent practiced for 5 years, started again when posting here lol!)

And the guitars I would mod are a gloss black DR2 and a flat black SLSMG (+ a snakeskin Lag guitar, naff french guitars)

Comment

Working...
              X