X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody tried Lace pickups?

How do you like them?

Re: Has anybody tried Lace pickups?

I never cared much for the lace sensor single coils that were OEM on some older Fender guitars. However, my current favorite single coil is the Lace Holy Grail. Awesome sounding vintage style strat pickups. Low output, authentic sounding crispness and high end. Very nice pickups if you're looking for a vintage strat sound without the noise. They sound just as good as some of my nicer genuine single coils (Fralins, Duncan Antiquities, etc.). They are a very different design than the Lace Sensors...they have (functional) pole pieces, alnico 5 mangets, etc.

Comment

Ive never cared for the golds, reds, or blues Ive heard. Kind of sterile and bland.

Comment

lace pickups were the unfinished design of mel lace of APC pickups. supposedly his brother stole his designes and sold them to fender before he had finished them.

the designs are completed now and are amazing. if you are interested give him a call.
        1-847-759-8200
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I have a MIM strat. Doesn't get played much. I think it sounds like a strat (what do I know?) but I had been thinking of putting in Lace Sensors. Thanks for the heads up!

I'll save my money.

Comment

I like them. The red is very hot. Its a great choice for the bridge. The vintage noiseless are also nice and they look stock.

Comment

Working...
            X