Trem arm problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trem arm problems

Hi everyone. I'm new to the board. I just bought a Jackson Fusion Pro (my first Jackson!). My only complaint is the trem arm on the German Schaller unit has excessive play. Even when it's screwed in as tight as possible, I can wiggle the bar side to side and up and down. Would it do any good to get a replacement bar or is this a common problem? Also, would replacing the whole unit with a OFR or new Schaller require any modifications? Thanks.

Re: Trem arm problems

In time even the best units wear down. For around $10 you can get a replacement arm and enjoy years of trouble free performance.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

This may sound dumb, but reading your post I get the impression you only screwed the threaded flange on the bar tight?
      Have you opend the access plate on the back and tightend the arm holder screw?
      If not- do so. If this doesnt fix it, then the threads on the bushing that inserts on the base plate is likely worn from using it loose and chattering it away.
      You will need a new arm holder....

If you do decide to ever replace the Schaller with an OFR, make sure the string stopper bolts will fit teh trem cav route if it has one.
      Alot of cav routes on older Jacksons for Schallers are a little shorter and the OFR bolts will hang a little.

Comment

Mounting distance on the Schaller is also 1/16th of an inch shorter, which can cause intonation problems on some axes [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
        X