Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar refinish gone bad

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

The Charvel model series I got from PeteTwisteramps last year that I sent to be refinished is still not done.
    The guy I sent it to (old highschool friend) got something screwed up with the clearcoat, so it had to be totally stripped down and redone, and I haven't talked to him in quite a while to ask about current progress.
    I really thought I was gonna have the guitar back in mid-January, but I don't know when It's gonna be now.
    Oh well, I have pretty good patience and I know he will do a good job.
    It's just a pain in the ass,
    Nandrew Noah Jackson

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Guitar refinish gone bad

it sucks, but it happens. i know this all too damn well.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

This is why I don't recruit friends or family to do anything for me. I couldn't afford to lose that good person in my life if an issue of money came up, or they didn't do things the way I wanted, or little stuff like that that could potentially make for a bitter end to the relationship. I'd rather spend some more dough on someone who will be guaranteed to not leave a bitter taste if something should happen.

Comment

LOL I have a pair of guitars that haven't been played in years (like 15) because of the need of a paint job. I'm starting to get fired up and will paint these soon - I'm collecting everything I need to finish them.

That is very hard on the guy doing the finishing - having to strip it and start all over. Did he show you the issues with it so that you could decide if it really needed to be re-done?

Comment

No, I didn't get to see it. I'm not worried about anything bad happening, I can rely on this guy.
          Painting is not his full time job, he just does it because he likes it and he's very good and a perfectionist.
          I'd bet that if he would have showed it to me, it would have been OK to me, but if he didn't like it he wouldn't let it go.

nand

Comment

UPDATE.

I got a message from Troy today that the guitar is done. (almost)

He is going to do a final wetsand and polish this weekend, and I will pick it up Monday or Tuesday.
            I will get pics up as soon as it is back.

Comment

Yes, post some pics. I might be interested in having a guitar painted - if you think this was a positive experience.

Comment

Well, It's tuesday, I talked to him yesterday,
                The guitar is done it is just hard to find a time when we can meet to pay/get guitar back.
                I will have pics as soon as I get it

Noah

Comment

...waiting sux, eh?!

Comment

Working...
                  X