Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Question on Floyd Pro Saddle

hey everyone!

Im having a little trouble with oen of the Floyd saddles, as the string block seems to be jammed in it, and there's no way to get it out, or budge it. Last string change i had, i can to like wedge it around to get the string in.

Any ideas how to get the block out and find another one? Or is there a way to find another Floyd Pro saddle for my Fusion?

ANy and all ideas appreciated, thanks a bunch everyone!

Re: Weird Question on Floyd Pro Saddle

I've had a few of those. Try adding a little WD-40 or 3-in-1 oil in the block area, then get a thin screwdriver and tap the screwdriver with a little hammer and try to wiggle it back and forth. It should eventually move enough so you can get the thin screwdriver in between the saddle and the walls of the block and pry it out.

Usually this occurs as the saddle cracked and split open on the bottom side next to the hole that the tip of the locking screw goes into.

Comment

Is there any kind of hole on the underside of the saddle like on OFR saddles? If so, you could tap out the block from the back side. OFR's have a little brass piece covering the underside that can easily be tapped out, reshaped, and replaced back on.
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

awesome dudes, thanks for the responses!!!

i'll try those out!

Comment

Working...
        X