Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Pickup Wiring

Was hoping to get some help:

I have a single pickup guitar with a APC humbucker that is connected to just a volume pot. I just ordered a single volume/tone pot Pot Sample which is basically two pots stacked on each other. Does anyone have any ideas on how I would go about wiring these up?

thanks,

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Re: Single Pickup Wiring

Wire each one up just like regular/separate pots. Since they come with no prongs soldered, you can decide which one you want to be which.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

"two pots stacked on each other" you mean a blend pot? no idea what use that would have with a single pickup......
      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Ok, I found a sample wiring diagram over at the Seymour Dunan web but they are using a .022uf cap. Are these really needed? If so, would this one work ---CLICK HERE---

If not, what kind would I need.

thanks,

joe...
        www.godwentpunk.com
        www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

That oughta work. 22 is the standard.

Delt - not a blend pot, but a concentric pot - Volume and Tone in one stacked pot with concentric (one inside the other) knobs. Danelectros have these.

Wiring should be pretty simple - pickup to center post of Volume, right-side post of volume to ground, left post to center of tone, right of tone to capacitor then capacitor to ground, left of tone to output jack.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
          X