Original Floyd Rose Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Floyd Rose Questions

I am in the process of ordering an OFR to replace the JT-6 in my Model 6. Can someone who has done this please tell me exactly WHICH OFR I need to order? I know I need the longer one (42mm?) but what size nut is needed in order to make a clean swap? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Original Floyd Rose Questions

I'm curious about this too. I was planning on just using the current locking nut, because the JT-6 uses that lock clamp and a traditional style nut. I don't want to do any modification that isn't reversible on my 5FX.

Comment

Are you planning on installing the floyd nut or using the existing Khaler lock? If you use the Khaler lock you don't need to worry about the floyd nut size.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

I have a model 6 with an OFR on it and the kahler nut works fine.
        If you really want to drill into the headstock I believe r-2 is the correct size lock nut, but I wouldn't bother.
        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

an r3 lined up good on mine. Why do you want to change the locking nut? Just aesthetics?

Comment

I guess I will just use the existing Kahler nut....
            Thanks for the help GT.

Comment

jeese... all these posts were not here a minute ago. DAMN!! Talk about a fast response - [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Thanks Guys.... I appreciate the help. I had one of our dealers waiting and needed a quick response and got just that.

Comment

That said, you might want to get a popular size so you can flip it easily.
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Keep the original "behind the nut clamp" Don't modify it.

PT

Comment

An Charvel Model neck would have a nut width of 1"11/16 which translates either into a R3 or R4 Floyd nut. Also, the OFR will have a wider string spacing than the JT-6. It won't be a problem, since Jackson/Charvel necks are wide enough to acommodate the wider string spacing. It's just something you should keep in mind.

/Faramarz

Comment

A r4 nut works well on a dk2 neck, except i had to cut it down because it was too high. but the place where i brought it to grind the bottom, they shaved a bit too much off of it, so i had to shim it.

Anyway, works perfectly now.
                        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                        The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Your problem with the R4 nut is because the DK2 doesn't use an original, Schaller made nut, so unfortunately, when you change to the real deal, it's not an exact fit.

Both the R3 and R4 nuts translate to an 1"11/16 neck size, the difference is the R4 has a wider internal string spacing than the R3.

Comment

^ is there a larger version of your avatar? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                            The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

There is but dang if I can find it anymore....lol....

Comment

Working...
                              X