EMG's in Roads pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG's in Roads pro

Hey guys . I am swapping EMG's out of a warlock into my Rhoads pro (94) and I was wondering if there is any way to use the existing wire that goes to the upper wing output jack with the active system? Otherwise I am hoping I can buy super long wires to go to the output jack.

Re: EMG\'s in Roads pro

You can re-use those 2 wires, but you also need to use the stereo jack instead of the stock jack which means you'll need to run an additional (third) wire from the cavity to the jack...

- Joel
    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
    RIP Dime

Comment

So do I just soder the third wire to the metal casing?

Comment

oh nevermind lol brain fart

Comment

But actually, Joel, his Rhoads was stock with a stereo jack, the Rhoads Pro used the active JE-1200 circuit. So you can leave everything as is but install the EMG's, even the 50K ohm pots will work with them...
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

any pictures of that rhoads pro?
            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
            The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

WHAT !!!! lol I still don't have this damn thing working and to think... I could have left everything in. I don't think its a stereo jack though and EMG's don't work with 50K pots...so I am kind of puzzled how that would work.

Comment

I have everything wired properally and when I test it I get some output but it seems the swiching is not working right and the output I am gtting is minimal and I bassically swapped it out of a warlock I just grabbed (mostly cause it had the EMG's) into the rhoads with th same set up. That way I didn't have to take everything apart, so i am unsure why its not working. I guess I should have a gander at the wiring chart for the 3rd time and make sure everything looks cool.

Comment

Well...if you already have a stereo jack in the guitar (has 3 solder points on it) then you can leave that in as well as the 3 wires too. Just wire the ground, battery, and signal correctly.
                  RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                  RIP Dime

Comment

EMG's will infact work with 50K ohm pots IF you leave the original Jackson active circuit in place. They will function 100% as good as with 25 K ohm pots. Your statement "I have everything wired right" is obviously not true. Make sure you have grounded all the pickups and jack. Make sure you have the right wires to the jack's ground, hot, and battery. Check the battery to make sure it's fresh. Read the wiring chart again.

Comment

> EMG's will infact work with 50K ohm pots IF you leave the original
                      > Jackson active circuit in place.

you mean put the volume at the output of the gain boost? we're talking about active pickups with a gain booster, right?
                      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Let me make myself clearer. He said he has a Rhoads Pro. They have the Jackson JE-1200 active circuit in them. If you install EMG pickups into that guitar, you can leave the active circuit in (just wire the EMG's to the switch, battery and ground) and there is no further adjustment needed. In fact, the pickups and the circuit can easily be run off of the one 9 volt battery. But, if he didn't have the circuit in there, obviously he would have to install new pots to match the EMG's. The 50 K ohm pots match the circuit, and therefore, ANY pickup installed into the circuit will work with the pot.

Comment

Working...
                        X