Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

performer neck quality? how thick are the dots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• performer neck quality? how thick are the dots?

I have a black ke3 coming, and I'm thinking about selling the sharkfin neck, and getting a performer neck, or any jackson neck with small inlays,

and scallop the neck myself. (anyone had this experience?)

So how are the performer necks? are they made in japan btw?
    Anyone know how thick the inlay dots are? I ask because I prefer to not have inlays.

I want to make a kelly that's scalloped non-inlayed and COMPLETELY black, prbly gonna ebonize the fretboard and add the fake binding too, heh

Re: performer neck quality? how thick are the dots?

I like the neck on my PS4, but it's a little thin. Mine was made in Japan, but Performers were made in Korea for a while. The Japanese made Performers are good quality, but I have no idea about the Korean made necks. The spacing on the 12th fret dots is farther apart on the Korean made Performers, at least on the conventional dots (not the offset dots like the PS4). I'm not sure about the thickness of the dots though.

Sounds like a cool project, post some pics when you complete it. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Chris
    Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Re: performer neck quality? how thick are the dots

i don´t find performer necks too bad
      quite thin they are but thicker than the one on my kelly prof std (she had def the thinnest neck i have around)
      they´re quite consistent too
      koreans are a little different but cool too, they´re more like oiled
      for the dots:
      sorry no info about dot thickness

Comment

Re: performer neck quality? how thick are the dots

awesome, thanks a bunch guy! I'll look for it now.

Thank for the info on the jap and korean difference too, I'll be looking for a jap one.

You bet I will pot pics when I'm done!

Comment

Working...
        X