EMGs in active electronics guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMGs in active electronics guitar

Ok I post too many threads, I admit, but I was curious about this... My model 4 has active electronics and thus requires a battery. Would putting active EMGs in it require another battery?

Re: EMGs in active electronics guitar

I think so, but I also think this would blow up at least one of your mentioned components. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    never heard of such a setup working.

best ask charvel 750 about it, I remember him, once talking about some project like that. maybe he had luck...
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

If everything works on 9v you don't need another battery. One battery will work fine, but it won't last as long since it's powering several components.
      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Merci! I was just curious, I'll put SDs on it anyway [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

You can safely run the Jackson active circuit and three active EMG pickups off of one 9 volt battery. The power requirements don't sap the battery as quickly as you'd think. This would provide you with around 2000 hours of playing time. Micha's right, I've actually wired EMG's into the Jackson circuit, just run a jumper wire off the circuit's red battery wire and use that to power the EMG's. Works great and sounds good too.
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
          X