How to make your eletric guitar play great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make your eletric guitar play great

I just picked this book up at Barnes and Noble. How to make your eletric guitar play great by Dan Erlewine.

It is full of great tips and easy to follow how to steps showing how to properly setup an eletric guitar. Hard tail, Vtrem, and Floyd setups are all covered.

Included is a set of Raduis Gauges both the large ones to identify the arc(radius) of your fingerboard and the smaller ones that are used under your strings to set your saddles up to match your fretboard radius. For $19.95 I think it is a good deal.

Will it make you a guitar tech? No. I do think it will give you a better understanding of guitar setup and will allow you to tell your tech how you want your guitar setup. With the book I do think if your mechanical you can master basic setups.

Re: How to make your eletric guitar play great

i have it as well.. really helpful. I also bought his other book... forget what its called, but it was like 30 bucks, and well worth it as well..

Comment

Re: How to make your eletric guitar play great

The other book is the Guitar Player's Guide to Repair. It gets a little more heavy duty. No tools, however.

I was just going over Dan's book last night. I'm doing a setup on one of my axes (Franken axe). I had done setups before, but never as complete. I never messed with the trussrod before, and adjusting the nut and bridge saddles to the radius of the neck - what a concept!

I've taken guitars to Dan before. He did a great job on a '63 SG Special that had a neck repair once before but came undone. You can reach him on the lespaulforum.

Comment

Working...
      X