need help w/ JE1000TG....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help w/ JE1000TG....

I already checked the JE manual that'sposted at the top of the Tech q&a, but no luck......

I recently bought an '88 CS soloist with a J90c pu and the JE1000TG wired w 2 9v batteries.

Can someone explain to me how the three swithes work? what does each position do? The JE manual is a bit broad with explaining.

Any help is appeciated.

thanka
    PT

Re: need help w/ JE1000TG....

3 switches (up/down) for a total of 8 different combinations (2^3 = 8). Each combination represents a different resonant frequency that is boosted.

As to what those 8 different resonant frequencies are...no one seems to know.

Ideally your 2 9V batteries are wired in parallel...I don't think those circuits can handle 18V.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

I think its bass mid's and treb, but im not sure, kinda sounds like it's like this on mine

Comment

thanks, I'll have to just sit one afternoon and start flipping tiny switches and see what I get.

PT

Comment

As stated, it is low/mid/high. Try messing around with it to see what sounds best through your amp. On the guitars I have with this set up, all have all three dip switches in the on position. This has always given me the best all around tone.

Comment

"The JE-1000 board features our 8 position Peak Select function which allows you to "dial in" your sound by selectively loading your pickup(s). Three micro switches built into the circuitry make it easy to shift your pickup's resonant frequency to capture the desired tone..."

This is exactly how dip switches work on a computer motherboard. They are not on/off, they are 0/1, and each unique combination of the 3 represents a different setting.

So if you look at the switches with 0 meaning down and 1 meaning up...

While it may be true that 100 boosts a bass frequence and 010 boosts a mid frequency and 001 boosts a treble frequency, it is certainly *not* true that 000 boosts nothing. You have the trim pot and/or the switch to turn off the boost.

And whatever you know about how the 100, 010, and 001 settings behave has no deterministic effect on what resonant frequences the following settings boost. Only experimentation would bear it out since it's not written anywhere:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Thanks again for all the info fellas!

PT

Comment

Working...
              X