Pickup question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup question

This is a little different from a which should I choose thread. I am planning on getting a new Charvel with a maple body and rosewood fret board.
    In my current collection of guitars I have a maple bodied Charvel with the JB/59 setup, ESP with a Screamin demon, two Charvels with J90c's, alder bodied Aria with EMG 81, Kramer with Schaller pickups, Charvel 3A screamin demon/J80.
    I want to know which pickup will be close to what I have but not be the same. I was thinking about a SD Distortion/59 setup, but I was wondering about the EVH 78 or something else. I like my guitars to have a strong mid punch with some highs as you can see from my other pickup setups.

Re: Pickup question

Have you tried the Duncan Custom yet? Best pickup period IMO. If you like the j90c, another of my personal favorites, then you'll probably love a Custom.
    We must!
    We must!
    We must increase the bust!
    The bigger the better!
    The tighter the sweater!
    The boys are counting on us!

Comment

The EHV/78 is a great pickup but expensive.. around $160 I beleive... if your looking in the lower range the duncan custom is a great choice.. I tihnk the Duncan Distorion isn't bad either... generally the only popular pickup I'm not happy with is a JB ..
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

The Distortion is closest to the JB with a bit more highs and output, due to the ceramic magnet. It would be close to the J-90c.

I'm not sure what you're question is. Why not get another Demon or JB if that's the sound you want?
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Why not get another Demon or JB if that's the sound you want?

[/ QUOTE ]
          I want something similar but not the same.

Comment

Well, if you LIKE the sound of another setup that's in a NON-maple body guitar, why not try that in the maple? It should sound different - maybe even more different than similar but different pups would in the same guitar.

Comment

Working...
            X