Black & Yellow Project.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black & Yellow Project.......

Hey fellas,I'm fixin to build a B&Y replica and need your input.I've got the paint covered,but trying to decide who to use for the body and neck.I've used Warrmoth necks in the past,but really want to know if there is anything else out there quality wise that I might be missing...Thanks Rev
    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Re: Black & Yellow Project.......

Dude forget Warmoth [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] use USACG and speak to Tommy, Warmoth are clowns and their quality sucks!!!!!! Kammo1

Comment

am i the only one who hasn't heard of the black and yellow before??

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
        no, i'm with you [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
        please show us a pic or a link!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Stryper?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
            no, i'm with you [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
            please show us a pic or a link!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] He speaks of the Van Halen black and yellow paint scheme.

Or maybe the Stryper black and yellow paint scheme. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Good shot,Scott! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Van Halen's Yellow & Black guitar.Thanks Kammo1, I will give Tommy a call.Any others out there?............

Comment

tommy's a super nice guy, but the only drawback in my eyes is that he won't use dual action truss rods. other than that....really, really nice guy.
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Dude forget Warmoth [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] use USACG and speak to Tommy, Warmoth are clowns and their quality sucks!!!!!! Kammo1

[/ QUOTE ]

Members here speak very highly of Warmoth. They're ex-Boogie Bodies which were the suppliers of the original Charvels. What was your particular experience? And do you think this is a recent turn for the worse?

On a different note, it's pretty interesting that both USACG and Warmoth are right near each other in WA. I wonder if employees left Warmoth to form USACG. Just completely speculating here.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

you hit the nail on the head, my friend! tommy was a former warmoth employee who went out on his own and seems to offer a great product!
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

no my good Rev.Tim, they are talking about "united states atomic charvel guy" necks. they are brokoen in, and there's tons of resin and gunk on the necks already. i make 'em special that way. sorry, had to do it.
                      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

The " ACG Chunk of Gunk and Funk Specialty Necks ". Used exclusively by Ed Roman and Wal-mart [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]........

Comment

how dare you shame ed roman and walmart like that. those are fine establishments that i am far from qualified to be a vendor of. my necks are good for little kids playing T-Ball, baseball, etc. don't let them touch the gunk though, they'll be high as a kite.
                          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

My experiences with Warmoth are as follows:- being a custom guitar maker I have seen repaired and gladly never have used Warmoth products but others have in an attempt to build their dream guitar and nearly every single one that has gotten to me has had fret problems. Maybe when they arrive in the UK they move due to climate changes but I have spent several hours at a time redressing and seating frets something unfortunately the customer resents paying as they have already paid an arm and a leg for the parts.
                            The final nail in the coffin was when a customer of mine seeked to have a San Dimas strat head neck made as he wanted it as close to original and they hadn't even heard of it!!!!!!!!! WTF have they been living under a stone??
                            I certainly steer anybody away from these clowns and always if I can't come up with what they want point them to Tommy at USACG their service,products and more importantly customer care is the very best. So anybody reading this forget Warmoth erase it from your vocabulary and use USACG you will not regret it one bit. Kammo1

Comment

I've had Warmoth stuff and had no trouble with it. I do wish that both Warmoth and USACG would work up an online store. Printing and mailing and faxing is so 1990's [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X