Question about Neck Pocket and Neck length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Neck Pocket and Neck length

Alright the strat body I have is 2 5/16 and I'm looking at strat necks and they are 2 3/16 which is standard. Would having a gap be a problem? I don't want to spend money on a Warmoth unless I have to, just wanted to have the experience of building a guitar.

Re: Question about Neck Pocket and Neck length

It would be a slight problem unless your neck bolts were perfectly sized and not sloppy in the slightest.
    Better to get some popsicle sticks at an arts and crafts store and make some side shims.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      It would be a slight problem unless your neck bolts were perfectly sized and not sloppy in the slightest.
      Better to get some popsicle sticks at an arts and crafts store and make some side shims.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or eat some popcicles [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

In the winter [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Alright the strat body I have is 2 5/16 and I'm looking at strat necks and they are 2 3/16 which is standard. Would having a gap be a problem? I don't want to spend money on a Warmoth unless I have to, just wanted to have the experience of building a guitar.

[/ QUOTE ]
          Is that the Strat body I sold you? It should be standard 2 3/16". At least I believe that's what it was when I measured it. Like I said, my Carvin neck fit on it without a problem, and that's supposed to fit standard Fender Strats. The other body I've got lying around also fits the Carvin neck, and it is also 2 3/16" width.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
          X