Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Question (String Height)

Hey all,

I've finally got to the point where I'm brave enough to set up my own guitar, but I'm having trouble now. I've got the action the way I like it, but I've got my bridge set up to where it's floating and I can pull up kinda high. Problem is, the action gets higher as I get to the higher frets. Is there anything else I can do besides lower the floyd bridge to fix this? Thanks a lot.

- Irfaan -

Re: Floyd Question (String Height)

To get optimal low action, you need to do a combination of things.
    Adjust the claw springs to desire pull up level.
    Lower the bridge to desired location.
    Adjust the truss rod so there its straight or an ever slight hump to it. this will give better action. You don't want too much though.
    If the strings buzz everywhere, you will need to back off the truss to where the neck is straight or even a little bowed.
    After you establish the right config and where the buzzes are. You will likely need to balance the string height from the nut to the bridge.
    Get some All Parts OFR nut shims to do this.
    Then re-adjust all the above again until the action is optimal for your desire.

Comment

Scott knows what he's talking about ,every axe I get from him is SUPER LOW action.

Comment

Thanks Scott. Damn I hate setting these things up, lol. Guess once it comes natually I won't hate it. Thanks again.

- Irfaan -
        [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

ya, floyd's are a pain in the ass to set-up, but they rock once set up right [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X