Soloist neck dimensions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soloist neck dimensions?

I just aquired a SL2H in Shattered Glass finish...the neck is absolutely perfect! I believe its compound radius.
    I was wondering when was the change made over to these neck specs?..or were they always compound radiused necks/fingerboards?
    Thank you,
    Kevin
    DiMarzio Endorsee
    www.dimarzio.com
    Morley Endorsee
    www.morley.com
    "Intelli-Shred" author
    www.myspace.com/intellishred
    NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Re: Soloist neck dimensions?

I believe they were always compound radius necks. But the profile and dimensions varies immensely with Soloists. The modern era neck profile has been very consistent for almost a decade now. In 1995-96 they began using it. From 1990 through 1995 there was a slightly thinner profile, and prior to that time, it could have been nearly anything. But a broad estimate is that the earliest Soloists had a very similar "Gibson" feel, almost a '59 rounded neck. By the mid 80's they began to get slimmer, but again, that's a generalization.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Re: Soloist neck dimensions?

charvel750, Thank you sir! I'm really digging my SL2..took a few minutes to get used to the volume knob placement after playing my PC1 for so long, but it seemed to be more of an issue when sitting that standing up.
      DiMarzio Endorsee
      www.dimarzio.com
      Morley Endorsee
      www.morley.com
      "Intelli-Shred" author
      www.myspace.com/intellishred
      NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Working...
      X