Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S.O.S. JT590 WTF...anyone have this happen ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.O.S. JT590 WTF...anyone have this happen ...

ok here's the deal.I was showing my old guitarist how to do his own intonation work on his newly aquired guitar,changed the string and tuned it roughly to get the floyd parralel with the body(Charvel750XL)the trem was getting alot of vibration I notice the trem spring are sliding out of the back of the floyd. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]I have never had this happen.so I tried another set of spring and the same thing happened [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] why is this happening are the spring holes worn so the springs don't grab,we also tried to bend the ends of the springs to hopefully get a better grip didn't work,any suggestions.is it a common thing with the Jackson Floyds that I just never encountered and is there a fix or is He better of replacing the system [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    www.myspace.com/goreality1

Re: S.O.S. JT590 WTF...anyone have this happen ...

Sounds like someone once disassembled the trem and put the block on backwards. I think there's a pic of on around here that shows which direction the stamped logo should face.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah, Check this thread:

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...844&Searchpage
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

thanks I'm reversing the block now I'll let you guys know how it turns out

Comment

Re: S.O.S. JT590 WTF...anyone have this happen

uh.... some floyds have the logo on one side, and others have it on the other side, even among OFR's..... so it's not really a good indication. Best is to just put a spring end in the holes with the trem loose and see which direction it slips out, and which direction it holds correctly.
          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Re: S.O.S. JT590 WTF...anyone have this happen

the problem is solved the block was backwards thanks

Comment

Working...
            X