EMG-HZ Afterburner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG-HZ Afterburner

Hey guys. I have an ESP M-201/MH-201 and it has dual EMG-HZ's with the Afterburner active circuit in it. It runs off of a 9 volt battery. Have any of you ever bumped it up to 18 volts. The EMG website says it can handle 9-18 volts but I am hesitant to try it.

Re: EMG-HZ Afterburner

Should be the same setup as a regular 18v setup. If EMG says it can take it, it can take it.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have a PA-2 which is a very similar little gain booster unit, EMG told me it also can handle 18v (up to 27v actually, but not recommended above 18v) but that it would make absolutely no difference in the sound. If the goal is to have longer battery life, then it's best to just put them in parallel.
      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

can i run my je-1000 with 18v???

Comment

Working...
        X