Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMGs in RR1

Hi guys,

I decides to put some EMGs in my new RR1. I allready have a guitar with EMGs (Ibanez RG), so I know how to wire them etc..

My problem is, that the wires of the new "EMG-Output-Jack" seem to be too short to got all the way from the upper wing to the potis.

Can somebody help me, please?

Re: EMGs in RR1

You'll probably have to add length to the harness or just run your own new wires to the jack.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Refer to the potentiometers as "pots." [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Another slight obstacle in putting active pickups into an originally passive equipped Rhoads USA is the battery wire to the jack. You have to snake it through the bridge pickup route and through the body to reach the jack. Sometimes this can be a little frustrating if you're not using new wire.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Just solder extra wire length to the already existing ones. Twist the ends together, solder, then straighten it so that the soldered ends can be taped against one of the wire "halfs".... and it should look like just one longer wire with tape around the point where it's soldered.

that's called a "splice" (: (:
        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
        The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Working...
        X