No announcement yet.

take off neck for shipping the guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• take off neck for shipping the guitar?

I got a kelly bolt on that's coming from the States to Canada.
    It's gonna come in the tight fit JCC902 case.

I was thinking, would it be safer for the guitar if the sender takes off the neck, and put some bubble wrap/ newspaper between the body and the neck, and ship it in the case?

What do you guys think?

Re: take off neck for shipping the guitar?

If it's in a hardshell case, it should be pretty safe. At least much safer than bubble wrap in a cardboard box...... assembled or not.
    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

I ditto the case. Have you SEEN the Kelly cases? They're MASSIVE with inches of thick foam surrounding all sides. I wouldn't worry about it. I shipped my KE3 (bolt-on Kelly) to a buyer in Nova Scotia in just its original hardshell case a cardboard box. I did put some scrunched up newspaper in the headstock region of the case just for some added support.

If there wasn't a case, I would definitely separate the neck and body. Warmoth does this even when they ship complete guitars/basses. My brother's Warmoth bass arrived in two separate small well-packed packages, one for the neck/hardware and one for the body.

Comment

nice ke3 .... with reverse sharkies =)
        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]

Comment

mmm I could have sworn that I replied to this thread.... hmm..

now I don't remember what I wrote.

NOTP: yes the shipping inquiries are for the same Kelly. Thanks for your opinions!

Where do u guys get JCC902s..? for how much. Nobody in Toronto has it in stock :\

Comment

I believe it is cheaper to ship them seperate through some carriers because of the size of the package for a fully assembled guitar also.

Comment

what about a neck-through ..... should i disassemble it for shipping? (: (:

Comment

Nice tip etaenuira, thanks.

yea delt, next time u just chop it off and ship it.
                glue it on later and it becomes a setneck!

Comment

No, the most you would want to do is detune the strings to take some tension off the neck.

Comment

Working...
                  X