dimarzio D-sonic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dimarzio D-sonic

I dont know if any of you people have tried this humbucker out yet but it is a great PU I installed it in my model 5A the other day and it is crunchy as a bastard very clear and well defined tuned down no mud no uncontrolable feedback problems at high volume with alot of gain.I haven't tried it at 440 yet and most likely wont but if I do I'll let you guys know how it turns out.it gets my vote
    www.myspace.com/goreality1

Re: dimarzio D-sonic

I sounds good at standard tuning as well IMO. Great pickup....it's darker sounding but tight...unlike most other pickups.

Comment

you sure?
      whats it now darker or welldefined and not muddy when tuned down? doesnt match i think
      i´m down on C with EB beefy slinky and i´d like sth thats clear with lots of highs not muddy at all
      i tend to use bladepickups as the Dime, 500XL or X2N
      hows the Dropsonic compared to a X2N
      thanks
      andy

Comment

Kirby from Himsa uses one in his Hamer, I believe. I never heard of him til I read about him using one.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          you sure?
          whats it now darker or welldefined and not muddy when tuned down? doesnt match i think
          i´m down on C with EB beefy slinky and i´d like sth thats clear with lots of highs not muddy at all
          thanks
          andy

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh??? Not sure what you are asking....

Most pickups with a healthy or big bottom end are not very tight, Invader, Super Distortion, etc.

This one does have a healthy bottom end a good amount of low mids but it IS tight...almost like an Evolution.

Comment

Here's info on the Drop Sonic pup from DiMarzio's site.

"Our first heavy humbucker of the 21st century, the D Sonic™ is a high-output bridge humbucker designed for the extended low end and heavy chords that dropped tuning delivers, with serious treble response for single-note solos and standard tuning. The D Sonic™ is more than just a one-sound pickup, too. In addition to the standard series humbucking sound, our patented design utilizes 4-conductor wiring to access two different single-coil sounds plus parallel humbucking mode, for three additional sounds that are distinctive and versatile.

Recommended For: Solid body guitars, bridge position.

Tech Talk: Those of you familiar with DiMarzio® history will note the visual resemblance to our old MegaDrive™, but the design is completely different. Installation direction makes a noticeable difference in the sound, particularly with overdriven amps. With the solid bar toward the bridge, the sound is a little brighter and better-defined, and this is the direction we recommend for heavy strings and low tunings. With the adjustable polepieces toward the bridge, the sound is warmer and a touch louder, and we think this works best for standard tuning and more solo-oriented playing. Each coil has a unique tonal character, so the two split sounds are different, and parallel humbucking produces a third clean and bright sound."
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              you sure?
              i´m down on C with EB beefy slinky and i´d like sth thats clear with lots of highs not muddy at all.
              thanks
              andy

[/ QUOTE ].I never really cared for blade PU but this one surprised me.I haven't tried a X2N in many years now but I really wasn't into it(I was emg boy at the time).but this pickup is very good for low tuning.I run steve specials in my Sl1 and model 6 also a pretty damn good pickup tuned down it is tonaly similar to the dimarzio blaze.I find the SD 59 is also pretty good tuned to B.with my amp anyway
              www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

Hi guys just wanted to ask Hows the X2N? does it have more output then the Dsonic? By the way is the Dsonic really bassy? Is the Dsonic good for leads?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X