Marshall Cabinet Castors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall Cabinet Castors

I got an old used and abused Marshall JCM 800 4x12 from Guitar Center in January.

Its my first 4x12 and needless to say, Im having a blast with it.

But like any 4x12 its big and heavy. It doesnt have any castors though. I flipped it upside down, and it has 3 plastic things, and they look like the ones on the Marshall site that the castors screw into. Only 3, I dunno where the other one is, its not there, I think it may have been ripped off, judging by the ripped tolex. If it DID get ripped off, then the screw holes are probably stripped.

So what I want to know is,

A.) Where can you get replacement Marshall parts like the castor? Ive looked online, and couldnt find anything.

B.) Im thinking of just taking off all the plastic things and going to Home Depot and picking out some heavy duty castors and installing them all. If you were in my situation (Money is very limited, I spent most of it buying the cab) would you seek out replacement Marshall parts and try to fix it, or would you bolt on some heavy duty ones from Lowes or Home Depot, that could possibly be stronger and sturdier than the original Marshalls.

Bear in mind, I DONT care about keeping this cab original. Its beat to hell, its a workhorse, so having non-marshall parts doesnt bother me at all.

Thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Marshall Cabinet Castors

Ernie Ball makes a set of pop-in casters that are direct replacement for most cabinets. I have them in my Laney. They're like $20.

Comment

$20 for a set of 4?

Comment

Yeah

Comment

Working...
        X