No announcement yet.

Stock pot value for Charvel model 4...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock pot value for Charvel model 4...

I heard both 500K and 250K... Which is real? Would it improve my sound a lot if I upgraded to 500 in case it's 250?

Re: Stock pot value for Charvel model 4...

<font color="aqua">Actually, the Model 4 came with the preamp system and the stock pots are as follows:

Volume (which is connected to the preamp: 50k

Tone: 250k

Mid Boost: 50k
    </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Does it mean that if I want to upgrade the electronics (only value wise, I'll do a total mod whenever I'm rich enouh and I know how to play hehe), I'd only need to change the tone pot? Would it change a lot about the sound?

Comment

<font color="aqua">I believe if you change the tone from 250 to 500k, it won't let as many "highs" through and you may find it to be a little muddy. </font>
        Dave ->

Comment

Sweet, less money to spend :P If I want to upgrade the whole of the electronics, would I be able to do so without the midbooster losing some of it's efficiency?

Also, what would lowering/raising the humbucker do?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Sweet, less money to spend :P If I want to upgrade the whole of the electronics, would I be able to do so without the midbooster losing some of it's efficiency?

Also, what would lowering/raising the humbucker do?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">When you say "the whole" of the electronics, do you mean just the pickups?

As for raising and lowering the pickups, try it, and see if you notice a difference, then come back and tell what you've noticed. Just don't go too far down on the humbucker as your pickup will unscrew right off the height adjustment screws. The single size pickups are the opposite, don't go too high as you'll unscrew the height screws from the body. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] </font>
            Dave ->

Comment

Nah I meant the pots. I'll replace the pickups at one point or another, I was just wondering if I'd have to change anything. But of course I'm very distracted and I didn't explain it properly lol
              I already unscrewed it once. It took me an hour to put it back on, using a spoon...ouh...

Comment

Nah I meant the pots. I'll replace the pickups at one point or another, I was just wondering if I'd have to change anything. But of course I'm very distracted and I didn't explain it properly lol
                I already unscrewed it once. It took me an hour to put it back on, using a spoon...ouh...

Comment

Working...
                X