GTM 6 Midi converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTM 6 Midi converter

Anybody here tinkered with one of these? How's the tracking? I got the rack unit off eBay dirt cheap (impulse buy) and was wanting to play around with it, but if it has no potential I'm not going to spend the bucks for the hex pup and hack up a guitar just to play with it. Any info or experiences would be much appreciated.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Re: GTM 6 Midi converter

I had one made for Charvel with the Charvel logo on it. Never used it. There are Model series Charvels out there with the special saddle pickups for the unit floating around.

Comment

Right Jim, the one I got is the Charvel model. From what I've learned they were made by a company called Shadow Electronics. Supposedly the ones branded "Shadow" were meant for a line of acoustic guitars offered by several manufacturers, and the ones branded "Charvel" were the only ones designed exclusively for electric guitars. And yes, Charvel offered the hex pup on many of the older model series. I can still buy the hex pup from Shadow but I'm not sure I want to dick with it unless they're actually something worth exploring. Even if it is just a toy I don't want to spend $275.00 on a pup just to find out the whole system is junk.

Comment

Actually, I do believe the Charvels used a special bridge (pickups built into a Kahler traditional fulcrum trem) for this rack. There is also a Shadow just like the Charvel for electrics, no difference other than logo. They also made an acoustic model for Ovation which was likely also offered under their own name. Shadow made some cool pickups over the years and I have seen solidbodies by them that are pretty cool too.

Comment

I do remember the old Kahlers with the pups built in. hmmmm.....maybe I could find one of those. Good info Jim, thanks a bunch. I still want to learn more though.
          I just sold a guitar that I had installed the Ghost peizo saddles in. I remember they also offered a circuit for that system that would send signals to a midi converter. I think they call it the Hexaphonic pre-amp or something.

Comment

Working...
          X