lace sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lace sensor

Just put a blue lace sensor in my HM strat-it is supposed to be a PAF type tone in a SC size-AND IT IS! Damn this thing sounds good. I had a Carvin TBH60 in there, and it sounded pretty good, but this thing rocks! It really sounds like a full size HB, not a compromise like some other mini HB's. Any other lace sensor users out there? DIscuss...

Re: lace sensor

[ QUOTE ]
    Just put a blue lace sensor in my HM strat-it is supposed to be a PAF type tone in a SC size-AND IT IS! Damn this thing sounds good. I had a Carvin TBH60 in there, and it sounded pretty good, but this thing rocks! It really sounds like a full size HB, not a compromise like some other mini HB's. Any other lace sensor users out there? DIscuss...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I've got a Blue Lace in my Hamer Cali, neck position.
    And I agree with you that it gets a great PAF sound. Bridge
    pup is a SD JB, and they work great together.

My Strat's got 3 silver Laces in it. Not as quiet as
    they probably should be, but they work well with
    modelers, which is the way I wanted to use the Strat anyway.

All in all, I like them, but obviously not everyone
    agrees...

theo

Comment

Dude, you should try a red lace sensor in the bridge. Holy crap. It sounds like a humbucker.

Comment

what's the deal with these pickups, are they supposed to be single-coils with hum-canceling, ie. magnets in just one of the coils, or what?
        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
        The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

they are a totally different animal altogether. I would try a red, but all my guitars have HB's in the bridge. I am interested in maybe one of the dual ones though....

Comment

yeah but you can fit a single-coil size pickup in a hb cavity, right?

just put a pickup cover on it if it's too ugly [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]

Comment

Definitely the Red ones in the bridge position. Thats the highest output lace sensor, it sounds great.
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I suppose I could google it, but maybe one of you guys can be kind enough to give a quick rundown on lace sensor technology? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

^ seconded [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I was just looking around, but couldn't find an explanation anywhere. I remember seeing a diagram of them years ago, maybe in the Fender Frontline mag, or in an ad, but I can't seem to find it anywhere now.

Comment

I had gold LS in the neck and mid of the Floyd Rose Classic Strat. I didn't like them at all, too compressed for my tastes. I replaced them with Texas Specials and am much happier. I have always wanted to try a Red in the bridge...

Comment

Working...
                      X