Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• floyd with parts of mixed colors!

I'm going to purchase a black licensed floyd LP,
    mainly as a backup and a different color option. Now I'm thinking of mixing it together. For instance, Chrome baseplate + black saddles + black tuner knobs, and then vice versa for the other one.

What do you guys think? stupid or possibly cool? I'm thinking the chrome baseplate + black saddles would suite the fake binded kelly nicely. Anyone got pics of such a floyd?

Re: floyd with parts of mixed colors!

Gold and black would probably look cooler than chrome and black, I think.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

I have chrome saddles on my black kahler and it looks ok. the strat bar I use with it is chrome too and looks decent as well.

Comment

i had a gold hardtail with black saddles that i liked...
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Hey, speaking of colors. You guys remember when Kahlers came in all those crazy colors? I remember a blue, green and red. Almost sure they had more colors available too.
          I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I remember those Kahlers. You can still get Sperzels like that, even in pre-mixed combos (red/silver/blue, etc).

Colored Floyd parts would rock.

I did have a pic of a Floyd that had black saddles on a gold baseplate - looked good.
            However, chrome saddles on a black plate (or vice versa) will look good too.
            Tha Halford Warrior has chrome clamps on a black nut.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have 1 blue and 1 red Kahler 23xx style. I have a blue 2500. I've never heard of green one though - it was never in a catalog or pictured anywhere (and I've looked) - perhaps you saw a one off or someone had it powder coated.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I remember Jason Becker did that on alot of his guitars.

Comment

I have a chrome OFR baseplate with black licensed saddles & bar on my ps2. Looks a bit odd, but plays very nicely.
                  "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                  The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Working...
                  X