question about pickguards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about pickguards

I didn't know where to put this, but my question refers to pickguards, as said above.

I have this really neat Fender Mexi strat, in which its pickguard went south of the cheese, due to a lot of damage, so i decided to replace it due to a friend's good grace.

it was an aftermarket 'guard, and i assumed it would fit on, and i had a friend due the retrofit. But when i got it back, he said it didn't fit correctly. i was kinda shocked to see he could find only three screws to go in properly.

Maybe he's fuckin' stupid, or what, i dunno, but I mean, that pickguard's an 11 hole, and i assumed it would fit any 11 hole strat. My strat is an 11 holer.

My question is, Does Fender for some weird reason, set mexican stratocaster pickguard holes different than American? I didn't think Mexican strats had a different 11-screw set-up than Americans *scratches head*.

I'm gonna see what the deal is today, as i don;t currently have the strat on me, so maybe he set it wrong, i dunno.

Can anyone shed light on this? is there any way to rectify this, like maybe making new holes in the guard?

p.s. sorry abou the long post, guys, just tring to explain the situation.

A Huge thanks in advance to any and all who reply!!!

Re: question about pickguards

If you go to Warmoth's website, they won't guarantee that their strat pickguard will fit on MIM bodies. They're just not the same as the USA.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

You can always just use the existing holes of the pickguard and put the screws in, thereby making new holes in the guitar... if that's not a problem for you. They'll just be under the guard where you can't see them anyway.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yeah i know toe, but the new holes would be so close to the old ones, that i didn't want the whole thing coming apart.

and yeah Turk, i figured they're not the same as USA> but why would Fender have to make only a USA fitted aftermarket pickguard line, if they won;t fix the mexis?

i just figured, Fender would've been better off if they just at least made all their pickguard holes the same in both lines. that way you can switch em interchangably. i hope that made sense.

eh...now i gotta see if there's a place where they do mexi pickguards...

Comment

Stuff the holes with toothpicks before re-drilling. Use some wood glue in there, too, if you feel it's necessary. It should work fine.
          please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Working...
          X