PC 1 Truss Rod question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC 1 Truss Rod question

I'm having trouble accessing the truss rod on my PC 1. The string retainer behind the locking nut is too low to allow the wrench to slide into the opening and it won't fit over it either. I have to remove the string retainer to access the rod. I tried simply raising the retainer, but its in there so shallow, that just a few turns and its out of there anyways. Is this the norm for this model or was this an oversight in the assmebly/set up process? Unfortunately the way the weather changes constantly here in Georgia, frequent minor adjustments are necessary to keep the action uniform/even up and down the neck. Thank you in advance for any help/info/advice and thanks to Sully for taking the time to reply to my PM's.
    Kevin
    DiMarzio Endorsee
    www.dimarzio.com
    Morley Endorsee
    www.morley.com
    "Intelli-Shred" author
    www.myspace.com/intellishred
    NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Re: PC 1 Truss Rod question

my truss rod is very accessible on my PC-1. maybe go to a local shop and buy some longer screws for the retainer? mine retainer is up fairly high, but i don't have to take it off to access the rod. does your truss rod wrench have a ball end, or is it totally square like a regular allen wrench? i use a truss rod wrench with a ball end, it makes it easier.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

My wrench has the ball end on it. The screws for the retainer are quite short, but the retainer itself seems to be at the proper angle. Hopefully I can find some longer screws..if any of the local yokels have any..LOL! Anybody know of any place I can order some if they're not available locally?
      DiMarzio Endorsee
      www.dimarzio.com
      Morley Endorsee
      www.morley.com
      "Intelli-Shred" author

Comment

Get thee to a hardware store and grab a longer T-handle allen in the size you need.
        You might also find longer screws to fit the retainer.

How low is your retainer? I have a PC1 neck that didn't come with a retainer, and the one I put on (from an OFR I had) is up high enough that I can get the wrench in just fine.
        Of course, that may kinda explain the issues I'm having with the nut itself (non-OFR) other than the fact that it's short and shimmed [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys! I really appreciate it. Headed into town now to hit the local mega-hardware depot!
          The retainer is really low, but the angle of the strings as the break over the nut to the tuners seems correct. Methinks that the short screws may have just been an oversight during assembly/setup.
          Thanks and God Bless,
          Kevin
          DiMarzio Endorsee
          www.dimarzio.com
          Morley Endorsee
          www.morley.com
          "Intelli-Shred" author

Comment

Working...
          X