Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need major help fast.

Ok Guys,
    I'm trying to wire a guitar that is giving me fits.

Bridge is a full shred, neck is a hot rails, heres what I need to do. Its one push pull pot master vol/coil tap for both pups with a 3 way switch (blade style)

I have looked online at all the wiring places no ones has anything close. Can some one please help me. I have never had such a promblem wiring a guitar.

Thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
    www.kiddhavok.com
    www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Re: Need major help fast.

its actually pretty easy, I did that exact config as a first attempt at any wiring. just look at the simple ones as reference and then draw ur own.

alternatively, I made a thread about it in the Q&A section and someone gave a VERY nice and precise answer, u can search for wiring on the title or something similar.

Comment

The red and white wires (on duncans anyway) go to the middle poles of the push/pull pot and one lug goes to ground. This will ground out one coil and let the hummer act as a single. The push/pull should be DPDT (double pole, double throw) and the lugs are arranged as such:
      1 2
      3 4
      5 6
      The red and white wires of the hums go to 3 and 4 - attach the hot rail to 3 and the full shred to 4. Ground 5 and 6. The hot wire (black) of the hummers goes to pickup selector switch and the green also goes to ground with the shielding.

You can reference this schematic from duncan:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/website...way-w-spl.html
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Thanks man.
        www.kiddhavok.com
        www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Working...
        X