Any good licensed floyd replacements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good licensed floyd replacements?

I don't know if I want to spend almost 200 bucks on a real floyd. Does anyone know any good licensed ones?

I rather like the jt580LP, and found this on ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

it looks just like the jt580LP... should I go for it?

Re: Any good licensed floyd replacements?

That's a gamble. It has no name on it at all, so it might be decent or it might not. I'd say just look for a jt580lp on ebay and/or post 27 smileys in the non C/J section to get one from the classifieds here!

Comment

I have a Mighty Mite Lic Floyd on my PS4 and it's pretty cool. On that auction they don't mention who makes it so I would stay away. Try to stay with a recognizable name like Schaller or Mighty Mite and you'll do better I think.
      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I paid $120 for a brand new OFR not long ago. Granted, that was a damn good deal, but I know for sure you can do way better than $200. Check around, particularly with some of the dealers here.

Comment

Go to GuitarPartsDepot.com they have some good stuff there for reasonable prices.
          According To The Prophecy

Comment

"licensed floyd" - "good" ??? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
            The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

thanks for ur opinions guys, I will stay away from that one.

whoa mighty mites cost 140 something.. might as well get the real deal.

I dunno delt, my jt580LP stays in tune like no tomorrow.

Comment

Is this needing to fit in a recessed cavity?

If so the Floyd's look terrible in the import cavity. They tend to be a lot closer to one side than the other and don't fit the rear of the cavity well either. Not to mention, I know a lot of people have had to alter the underside of the cavity for them to work properly.

The actual replacement for the JT-580LP is the TRS-LP. Which is actually a really good trem. At least It always stayed in tune for me with no problems.

However, They are just as expensive as the Floyd's. Mine was like 160 in gold at Guitar parts depot.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                X