Fret size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fret size

I'm ordering a neck from Warmoth and want to get the same size frets that are on the model series necks. I know these are referred to as "jumbo frets", but Warmoth has the 6150 and the 6100. Can someone tell me which one more closely resembles the fret size on the model necks.

Thanks.

Re: Fret size

I -think- 6100, but don't take my word for it.

Comment

and i -think- 6150, but don't take my word for it either [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Does anyone know for sure?

Comment

6100 should be tall and fat, 6150 tall and not so fat. I did 6100 up to fret 12, then 6150 on the higher frets on my 1963 SG.

Comment

If you want a fret that resembles anything like jackson uses go for their biggest fret. last year I ordered parts and built a warmoth. All I can say is they talked me out of getting the largest frets saying that I needed the next size down if I wanted them to match the ones on my early 90s japanese dinky rev. You have to understand that their stuff is fender spec and they are strat guys. so I ended up with standard stat import size frets. I will say that however I ordered my neck with reverse jackson style headstock with a 1 & 11/16 nut with their standard thin neck shape with a custom straight 16 degree board, and it is awsome. It felt just like my jackson. I was so shocked that I took my digital calipers to it and it is perfectly identicle within a couple thousanths to my jackson.

Comment

Working...
            X