18v EMGs in a PC-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18v EMGs in a PC-1

hi. my sustainer system is totally dead so i am putting EMGs in my PC-1. what i want to do is utilize the existing battery boxes and wire the EMGs at 18v. has anybody done this? or does anyone know how to do this? thanks.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Re: 18v EMGs in a PC-1

how did it die?

Comment

not sure. it has been looked at by a Jackson tech who can't figure it out. it just makes a high pitched squeal, regardless of how th mini pots are set and with new or old batteries.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

I have never heard of the Sustainer system just dying like that. Of course, that's not to say it can't happen. Unless you are just looking for a reason to put EMG's in there I would go get a second opinion from another tech or Certified Jackson Dealer. Just my .02

Comment

Sounds like a broken connection either in the pickup or on the board.
          With a $960 upcharge for that thing on the CS Form, I'd definitely have it examined by a bigger brain [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

ah it's done now. a certified jackson tech did look at it, but it was out of waranty and he couldn't figure out the problem, blah, blah, blah. nah i wasn't looking for excuse to install EMG's - i've been on record for HATING them.

but the guitar does sound 1000% better having the sustainer disconnected. it makes me think that there was always something wrong with it. the guitar NEVER sounded this clear and full, and several pickups have been installed in the guitar prior to the EMGs.

truthfully, i hardly used the sustainer, so i don't miss it, but like Newc said, at a $960 upcharge it sucks that it's not there if i want it.

on a side note, in the Charvel 2005 price list, the sustainer is listed as a $550 upcharge, but it's only available with the PC-1 pickups (super 3, HS-2). hmmm, i guess if i ever want a custom made with a sustainer, i'll go Charvel!!
            GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

just get the fernandes sustainer. it kicks ass.
              and has a wiring diagram on there website for installing and emg at the bridge
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I've seen the fernandes for sale on ebay. I was thinking of getting one. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                X