fret spacing difference between 25" scale and 25.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fret spacing difference between 25" scale and 25.5

Kinda curious, but ID like to know how fret spacing differs on a 24 fret guitar going from a 25" scale to a 25.5"

Carvin offers 25" scales, and while I DID own one, it was for a whole period of one week (sold to buy a kille rdeal on an SL1) I never even really played it, it was in and out quickly.

Anyhow, is the difference noticable, or is it pretty much a null issue dealing mainly with string tension. I was just concerned that a persons fingers might get all bungled up on the upper frets...

Re: fret spacing difference between 25\" scale and 25.5

I noticed the lesser tension more than anything. The 25" guitar I played was a bit tougher to play on the upper frets, but it was a strat copy (bolt-on 22 frets) and the only thing I can compare it to is my Soloist.

Comment

My HM strat is a 25 inch scale, and to me, the difference is minimal. By the time you get up to the higher frets, that half inch only makes like a millimeter of difference.

Comment

Less than that even. At the 12th fret, the space between the frets would be approx. 0.25mm (1/100th of an inch) less on a 25" scale than on a 25.5" scale.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Re: fret spacing difference between 25\" scale and

which would mean about 0.125mm (1/200 in) difference at the 24th fret.
          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Working...
          X