Carvin nuts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin nuts!

Will the locking nuts Carvin sells fit on a DK2? Tonight I stripped the screw hole for the nut, so it looks like I'm going to have to replace it.

Re: Carvin nuts!

The Carvin nuts are actual Schaller/Floyd Rose nuts. The DK2 are licensed versions. I've tried a licensed version in place of an original and it would have needed shims. Plus, I don't believe the mounting holes lined up.

I think your best bet would be one of these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...02912&rd=1

Actual mileage may vary [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Thats a 5/8 though, I need an 11/16.

Is there any place I can get a proper sized lock nut that won't, you know, decay after a few months?

Comment

Carvin nuts are for 1 11/16 neck width, and it's an R3. Order one from Carvin and see if it works. If not, just return it under their 10-day policy.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Didn't someone here (Newc?) have trouble with a Carvin / OFR nut being taller than the Jackson licensed version? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Didn't someone here (Newc?) have trouble with a Carvin / OFR nut being taller than the Jackson licensed version? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't I just say that above [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The carvin Nuts are actual Floyd nuts which wont work w/out some modification to your neck. Yes they are much to high. www.guitarpartsdepot.com has the nut you need under TRS Trem Parts. only about 10.00usd

Hope this helps.

Comment

Here is the link to the exact page http://guitarpartsdepot.com/Merchant...gory_Code=LKNT

Comment

I put an OFR (r4) nut on a dk2 neck, but it needed to be grided off to about 1.5 - 2mm lower, because it was too tall. The screw holes don't align perfectly, but it fits and works very well.
                  "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                  The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Working...
                  X