Cab question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cab question.

If I run two cabs one 16 ohm and another 8 ohms what would the ohms be? Totaly not awake and clueless right now.

Re: Cab question.

you guys are slackin pick up the pace. Get me some chips while your at it.

Comment

the total ohms? er. . .nothing that your amp would like very well, something like 12ish, assuming your using parallel output jacks on your head.

Comment

For parallel connection (ie two speaker jacks from the back of your amp, one to 1st cab, the 2nd to other cab) your amp will see:
        Ohms= (ohms1 x ohms2) / (ohms1 + ohms2)
        Ohms= (16 x 8)/(16 + 8)
        Ohms= 128/24
        Ohms= 5.33
        speaker impedance info

If you do this, the 8ohm cabinet will be louder than the 16ohm one due to the different impedances, therefore you really won't hear too much from the addition of the 16ohm cabinet. FYI, best to keep the cabs the same impedance so you will hear equal output from each.

Comment

oops, I goofed my equation!

Comment

yeah, a lotta people do! two 8s in parallel is 4ohm, two 16s in parallel is 8ohm, so the 8+16 has to be more than 4 but less than 8!

Comment

stupid 4 ohm speakers!

Comment

who the HELL came up with that formula anyway? i understand how it works but i just can't get WHY it works.
                "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Mr. Georg Simon Ohm [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

DUH *slaps forehead*

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Working...
                    X