Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

Hi, I'm a longtime lurker and never poster. I discovered JCF before Jackson was bought up by Fender. Back then, the Jackson website actually responded to my email and told me about the Jackson Custom shop concert bass that I had bought. They dated it was a 1988 custom shop order and I was overjoyed. It's a great bass and I guess I just chose now as the time to crow about it... hehe. I submitted a pic of it to the gallery back then. Whomever posted my email incorrectly identified it as a bolt on. It's a neck-thru.

I'm really jealous of Rob L.! I keep seeing him buying up the really good ones on Ebay...I'd love to get my hands on a bunch of his Jackson basses.

Well that's my Jackson story. Great to read about others here. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Hello!

<font color="aqua">Well....welcome I guess would be the appropriate thing to say right? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Now show us the pics of the bass! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Welcome fellow bass enthusiast! I am actually a bassist/guitarist, but I mainly play bass as of late.

Great to have you aboard, and as Dave said, post some pics!

- E.
      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. There's a tiny pic of it in the JCF gallery under the basses section.

http://www.jcfonline.com/gallery/jac...pics/j4898.jpg

Comment

Very nice. I would like a pink one similar to that someday.

- E.
          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Welcome Thor!
            Groovy bass ya got yourself there! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Like AlexL, I'm also a guitarist-slash-bassist. I love to play bass, its a whole different avenue for me and its rather relaxing I find.
            No Jackson bass for me as of yet though. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Nice to meet ya,
            Em

Comment

dig it! I like that. Welcome Thor
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks! I used to own a Japanese Charvel Eliminator bass, a Charvel Fusion, and a concert CMG Jackson bass (all three of which were really great basses for the buck) but I sold them because I didn't play them as much as my #1 Jackson.
                The only other J/C related bass I own is a bit of a rarity. It's a Gibson Q-80 (1987) that was designed by Wayne Charvel for Gibson. It's got the familar hockey-stick headstock...it crushes any bolt on I've ever played.

Comment

welcome aboard! we seem to be getting more bass players and it's about time! killer pic [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]i love the reverse head but the only one i have is a lefty model series on a right hand body [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [ QUOTE ]
                  I'm really jealous of Rob L.! I keep seeing him buying up the really good ones on Ebay...I'd love to get my hands on a bunch of his Jackson basses.

[/ QUOTE ] BTW, Robl is super nice guy and his site has more of his awesome collection go to www.mudfoot.org and check it out
                  The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Welcome and that is a great bass you have there.

Comment

Welcome!!
                      "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

Working...
                      X